- Blocking reagents
- Mounting media
- General buffers, such as PBS (pH 7.6) and TBS (pH 7.6, 0.1M) can be used for washing/rinsing of slides.
- Super Sensitive™ Wash Buffer is a
phosphate bufferedsaline (pH 7.4) with surfactant and is used to ensure optimal staining with even spreading of antibodies and other reagents to avoid inconsistent results.
|Product||500 mL (20x)|
|Phosphate Buffered Saline||HK091-9K|
|Super Sensitive Wash Buffer (20X Concentrated)||HK583-5K|
|Tris Buffer, (Wash Buffer) 3/Pack (dried Power to make 3 L)||HK098-5K|
|XWash™ Wash Buffer (20X)||N/A|
- Common Antibody Diluent and Enhanced Antibody Diluent have been developed for use with all antibodies in immunohistochemistry and have been specifically optimized for use with BioGenex antibodies and reagent products. These diluents enable enhancement of
signal-to-noiseratio of staining when used optimally and also help in maintaining the antibody specificity and stability. The Enhanced Antibody Diluent, in addition to all the above features, contains chemical compounds to enhance antigen-antibody interaction and affinity. In order to achieve desiredstaining pattern and intensity, the titers of antibodies or concentrations of reagents may need to be optimized. These diluents are also for diluting concentrated Alkaline Phsophatase(AP) labels but are not suitable for diluting Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) labelesbecause they contain Sodium Azide (0.09%).
- Streptavidin Peroxidase
Diluent,was developed especially for diluting concentrated HRP labelesand does not contain Sodium Azide.
Diluent,was developed for diluting concentrated Link (Biotinylated Anti-Immunoglobulins) antibodies
3. Blocking Reagents
Peroxide Block: Endogenous peroxidase is most commonly encountered in red blood cells, kidney, and liver tissue. Peroxide Block should be used prior to
of primary antibody when Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) is used as the labeling enzyme, and if it is necessary to block endogenous peroxidase activity in the tissue being stained.
Power Block™: This is a blocking reagent for reducing nonspecific background in immunoassays. A truly universal block, it is suitable for use in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, ELISA methods, and immunogold techniques. The Power Block reagent contains buffer, casein
preservative and also works well as an antibody diluent and washing medium.
Protein Block: This can be used to reduce background staining due to
binding of the primary or secondary antibodies to the tissue. Protein Block should be applied immediately prior to the primary antibody.
|Product||6 mL (RTU)||50 mL (RTU)|
|Protein Block / Normal Rabbit Serum (use with Goat & Rat Link)||HK114-5K||N/A|
4. Counterstain and Mounting Media
BioGenex offers the following counterstains for use in Immunohistochemistry, in situ Hybridization and other applications with either manual or automated staining systems.
- Mayer’s hematoxylin is a blue stain that does not contain alcohol and therefore is compatible with both
alcohol solublenon-permanent chromogens (AEC, Fast Red andNew Fuchsin) and alcohol-insoluble chromogens (DAB and Elegance Red). It is alcohol and xylene insoluble and therefore compatible with most clearing agents and mounting media.
|Product||1 mL (RTU)||6 mL (RTU)||250 mL (RTU)|
5. Mounting Media
- SuperMount® Permanent Mounting Medium is a
polymer basedaqueous mounting media that does not require the use of a coverslip. This innovative, patented mounting medium (BioGenex’s U.S. Patent No. 5,492,837) is designed to preserve biological specimens for long-term storage. SuperMount® medium is compatible with most aqueous and organic-soluble dyes and chromogens including AEC, DAB, Elegance Red, Fast Red, New Fuchsin, BCIP/NBT, Rhodamine, Fluorescein, Texas Red, Phycoerythrin, Phycocyanin, and Fat Stain (Oil Red O). The refractive index of SuperMount® yields greater transparency and clarity of specimens to be examined under the microscope. SuperMount® can be used for the mounting of all biological specimens, including stained tissue sections, Cytospin preparations, and blood smears.
- Aqueous Mounting Medium is
glycerol-basedmounting medium that requirethe use of a coverslip. It is intended for short-term specimen storage and is compatible with most chromogens and counterstains.
- XMount™ Mounting Medium is a permanent mounting medium that has been optimized for use with BioGenex Xmatrx® instrument for all BioGenex detection systems for immunohistochemistry (IHC), In Situ Hybridization (ISH) and special stains. XMount™ is intended for use with alcohol and xylene insoluble chromogens, such as DAB (for peroxidase systems) and Elegance Red (for alkaline phosphatase systems). XMount dries clear with an ideal refractive index similar to
high qualityglass and tissue elements. Mounted slides can be viewed with high magnification oil immersion lenses. Also, when mounting preparations stained with the BCIP/NBT substrate, crystal formation that may occur when using other media is minimized.